Tuesday, August 7, 2007

No More Yucky Ones

I finished my last yucky chemo treatment yesterday. So, they say. The next four are supposed to be much easier with the nausea and fatigue elements removed.

I had a rough go yesterday with general fatigue, muscly stuff and crabbiness due to the duration of this. I felt better in the middle of the night so got up at 3:30. I thought it'd be okay to indulge as the boys were going to be out during the day. I had to take a nap today which turned out to be longer than I'd hoped and I'm still tired. I feel much better than yesterday though and tomorrow promises to be better than today.

My house is in dire straits and my mother and cousin(s) are coming on Sunday!! Whenever I think about getting to it, it doesn't happen due to fatigue. Today I went grocery shopping, did laundry and that's it. Scene.

I'm glad we have a/c and selfishly glad for the heat as it removes the guilt of taking the boys outside.

Last night, wonderful neighbors who don't have a disastrous house inside, took Isaac over for dinner and an attempted sleepover. He came back home at 10 p.m. which is what I was hoping for. So, it was a good night. We have the best neighbors across the street. They have a seven year old boy and a five year old girl. I hate that I met them at this time of my life but they'll see the real me soon.

I'm scheduled for the next four treatments. It'll all get interesting as three interfere with work. My principal has been kind and as I'm a union gal, she doesn't really have a choice. Still, she could make it difficult and really hasn't. I can't imagine working again but by the time it rolls around, I'll be much more myself.

We had a very good time in NH although the snob meter was up pretty high there. Don't get me wrong, I like to do the snob thing but I reserve it to pretending I know about wine, cuisine and the arts. This snob thing pervaded even grocery shopping and attitude at a beach! In my opinion, snobbery has its place here and there but not everywhere. So, the folk outsnobbed me. I guess when you have multi-million dollar summer homes in the east in the oldest resort town in the country, these things happen. It was beautiful though.

Ted's co-worker's husband, took my boys, his girls and me out for a couple of day trips. It was quite kind as it took navigating off of my shoulders. We would not have made the day trip to Maine on our own. So, kindnesses are always appearing and always appreciated.

I'm still me. I think more hair is going but at this point, whatever. I still have eyebrows and am hoping they hang on to the end. I'm still ahead of the game with hairloss but again, who cares?

No comments: