Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Three Down

I had a chemo treatment yesterday. Three yucky ones down and only one of these kind left. The four after promise to be easier.

I had a yucky evening last night but am still doing well. Blood counts all good and last night was more about fatigue and an ooky full feeling. I took a nap today so feel worlds better.

I have to give myself a shot yet which has been Ted's job. He's already in NH. We're joining him on Thursday. I'm glad as we will have a quasi vacation. I'm hoping during winter break to do something more ambitious. The chemo schedule has ruined so many fun potentials and some plans.

When we get back, I have a chemo appointment immediately and then two other appointments during the week. One is a CT scan to help the radiation doctors actually make a target of where to point at me. It's early to do this but it facilitates missing less work to schedule now. Radiation will start roughly three weeks after chemo is finished.

I've been trying to get ready for the trip and trying to keep the house together. Somehow the house is a mess and I'm not fully ready for the trip. It'll happen.

I picked up some medication today called "Kytril". It's a complicated anti-nausea medication that actually deals with one's brain not stomach. It sort of tells your brain to not acknowledge the nausea. I've barely used the samples I was given but thought I'd better fill the prescription. It cost me $40 but would've cost $1200 plus, full price! I really might not even use any or at least most of it. The pills are in sample packages. I'm writing this as I want to find a way to donate them should anyone have chemotherapy, need for these pills and crappy insurance. I can part with the leftovers that would be unopened in October. I'm also going to work on finding a connection but if anyone has any ideas, let me know, please.

We're leaving Thursday for NH. It'll be fun. It'll be nice to leave appointments behind for over a week.

We're all okay. The boys couldn't be better behaved. I hope this continues at the airport.

No comments: