Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another Chemo Down!

I went in for my first non-yucky chemo yesterday. So far, that medical description of "non-yucky" is accurate. I feel much more like myself and no hints of nausea or extra fatigue.

I had a rough go with the last chemo treatment. I had every symptom under the sun throughout the two weeks. I ended up losing five pounds over the two weeks and was dehydrated when I went in for chemo yesterday. It wasn't a huge deal as they hydrated me but that tacked an extra hour onto the chemo experience.

Barbara came for the first part of the experience and Mary stayed until the bitter end. It really does make time pass faster with somebody nice there. I ended up there from 10:30 to slightly after 4. Not what I had planned!

I think today since I'm feeling physically better than I've felt in some time, I just feel like this is all truly at some point going to come to an end. Psychologically, it's hard to separate chemo symptoms from cancer even though my cancer had no physical symptoms. I don't know if that makes any sense.

I went into work last week. There's a legal situation so it's a bit hairy but on the other hand, not really. It'll take a lot of extra work as will every case I have this coming year it seems, but that's okay. I was glad that I had the energy and the knowledge to compose a letter to an attorney. At least on my job, the missions are all so very worth it. It's going to be a wild school year but I'll be up for it. My principal has my back in professional matters and health matters so I'm good. I start work for real a week from Wednesday. I'm going in again on Friday though.

I saw Jennifer, Cathy and my mother last week. I wasn't 100% while they were here but we didn't do too much. I was very touched especially that Cathy came as she quickly returned to the Virgin Islands. Jennifer also helped so very much by hauling up here with my mother as I didn't foresee leaving Skokie anytime soon but did wish to see her.

I feel even better than on my good days with the other chemo. I think that junk is just out of me. I'm glad.

Reminder: Toby's birthday is in October. It's the 20th but we don't know when we'll be celebrating yet. It'll be at the house with some cake creation. We're discussing trains. Anyone reading this is invited.

Having read this, I realize, it's not all about chemo. My life is getting to be less and less about getting through this cancer treatment so while it's unrelated, I'm going to leave it. Maybe soon my posts about cancer will be single sentences.

No comments: