Wednesday, April 18, 2007

MRI Results

I just got a phone call. It's hard to relay as there's kind of no news but another hurdle. It's a little hurdle.

My MRI revealed that there are no lymph node concerns. My left side remains good too. The issue that was brought up is that on the right side in an outer area there is an area that is to be investigated further. If it should prove to be malignant, it would still be considered early detection and the same kind of cancer.

I was previously told to expect that this exact thing might happen. I had hoped of course it wouldn't but I am also still able to hope that this area is nothing. The surgeon told me that biopsies that follow-up such MRI's are even usually nothing. So, let's hope. If it is something, it's still do-able but perhaps with more serious surgery.

I am so very glad nothing horrid was presented to me. I am not glad that I have to go in for yet more inspection and yet more waiting.

I will go in Monday morning at 7:00 to get the biopsy done. I am going to take the day off of work. I could do a half day but I'm not sure why I'd attempt that.

Thank you for your thoughts, words, etc.

Ruth

2 comments:

Jack Burnett said...

Ruth,
got your email, checked for your blog worked perfect.
Keep up you communications.


Jack and JoAnne, et al

JBH said...

Ruth

Thanks for sharing. You stay strong. Don't read too much. Every case is different. I am here if and when you need me. See you Thursday. Jamie