Tuesday, April 24, 2007

MRI and Biopsy Second Round

Yesterday's procedures were um....yucky. I wasn't fully prepared for the environment I was thrust into. Likewise the duration and preparation for the whole event were sorely underdeveloped as they were described to me. But, it's over.

I had an MRI-guided biopsy. Two areas were biopsied to see if they were also malignant. I was moving into the world of mastectomy talk.

The good news is that those areas were found to be benign. Now what was once the worst news of my life (having a malignant lump) is feeling pretty good. It's small. It's isolated. I can do this as an outpatient. I will be able to function and live as I am now. My life seemed suddenly better at 2:25 pm today when I got the call that this remains an isolated lump.

It's been an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. I can't imagine why I wasn't given a blank prescription pad to fill in as I so wish to help manage me through this. I guess given what's going on, I'm okay. My spontaneous bursts into tears seem to be diminishing. The dark and scary stuff is for now at bay. I am living and celebrating again.

I realize that I am not alone in this. I mean this in good ways but also bad. I know that many have taken on extra worries along with me. I thank you all. Take a break from it now as I plan to.

I won't post again until I speak with my surgeon. That is likely to be Wednesday or Thursday. From here, I schedule the lumpectomy. There's more after that and this is hardly the hardest part but this process is getting on track. The sooner this all starts, the sooner I can put it behind me.

Ted and I are going to tell Isaac of this tonight. I'd rather inflict great pain upon myself but it has to be done. I hope he doesn't get it and tries to negotiate a toy out of the deal. I hope he regards it as a boring conversation that interrupted his time making a mess somewhere. I just hope he doesn't get afraid.

I'm fine and will continue to be so.

1 comment:

JBH said...

Okay, I am doing a happy dance. It is a good thing you can't see it. You're right. Soon this will all be a memory. You have a bump in the road to get over and then you will soar once more. Jamie