I always thought people who blogged were just full of themselves. Maybe that's true. I am pretty self-consumed these days.
I am lucky in that people want to know what's going on. I guess this is one of those "journeys". Although it's one I'd rather not be on, here I am. I am just lucky that I am taking some people along for this ride. I know it's not a pleasant one, so thank you for joining me.
The lovely question I keep getting is, "What can I do for you?" That question is its own act of kindness. Most of the time I answer truthfully by saying, "Nothing but thank you". Calling and e-mailing are their own acts. I want to be the person I've always been. I might be wiser and ultimately more grateful but still me.
It's important to me right now to keep doing what I always did. I go to work. I go home. Both are demanding places but both environments are filled with kind people. Home keeps me going. It doesn't sadden me. It is what I most worry about so is somehow also what brings me the most comfort.
I feel quite ignorant at this time. I find reading information about cancer nearly intolerable. I do well with reading from survivors. I am also not comfortable with the term "survivor" as it reminds me that some don't.
This is my first posting. If this gets too silly, I'll spare you and go back to e-mailing.
I have NO idea how to put groovy pictures here but I will work on that for future use.
I don't want this to be a sad place. I will just post here periodically with my updates so that you can check in if you wish.
The only update right now is that I went through an MRI yesterday. It wasn't too hideous. I had a lovely nurse managing the situation. I'll find out tomorrow or in a few days what was found. There are strong possibilities of false alarms. Of course I hope that I just get the same news I already have. Waiting is hard. There's going to be a lot of it so I'd better get good at it.
Thank you to everyone for kind words. They mean a lot. Please don't worry about fumbling. I'm fumbling a lot.
If you're reading this, you're important to me. Thanks for being there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment